Brainstorm is a company that strongly believes in the abilities of each individual, and therefore supports an Equal Opportunities Policy, applicable for Gender, Race, Nationality, Religion and/or any other individual characteristics of any person. Because of this, Brainstorm is committed to Equality and Diversity throughout our staff and to eliminating all forms of inappropriate discrimination whether or not covered by current Law.
Each person’s uniqueness is a highly valuable asset that the company believes shall not be limiting the development of the individuals, and therefore all individuals within the company shall enjoy equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities of women and men, and girls and boys.
Equality does not mean that women and men will become the same but that women’s and men’s rights, responsibilities and opportunities will not depend on whether they are born male or female, or with which gender they might identify with at a given point of their lives.
Brainstorm will also seek to work with people and organisations who reflect our equal opportunity values. This Equal Opportunities Policy is fully supported by directors and managers, and it is their responsibility to permeate it to the rest of the company.
Equality Policy Guiding Principles
Brainstorm will ensure that gender will not be a limitation on each person’s career and personal development, and that it will not interfere in the daily work, regardless it is at the company’s premises, a customer site or an external event. This is reflected in the following principles:
- Any person’s gender is a unique characteristic of such person. This includes both the birth, assigned or selected gender, and this must not be subject to judgement or discrimination within the company.
- Brainstorm wants each employee to feel respected, valued and able to give their best whether they work on a part-time, full-time or homeworker basis.
- All Brainstorm staff will be entitled to receive the same treatment in terms of career development, salary, holidays, bonus, and family reconciliation facilities, regardless of their gender, age, nationality, religion, race or or any other individual characteristic.
- All Brainstorm staff will have the same opportunities for career development, based on their individual merits and regardless of their gender, age, nationality, religion, race or or any other individual characteristic.
- Brainstorm will support blind CVs to ensure there will be no eventual bias when recruiting new staff members. HR will develop the procedure to ensure the candidates will be initially selected because of their merits and regardless of their gender, age, nationality, religion, race or any other individual characteristic.
- Bullying, harassment, victimisation and inappropriate discrimination because of any person’s individual characteristics will not be tolerated. If any staff member, feels harassed, bullied and/or discriminated by any other person, this must be immediately addressed by the corresponding manager or director. If such behaviour happens at an external event, client premises, or any other situation outside of the company’s facilities but while working for the company, it must also be addressed by the corresponding manager or director to ensure measures are taken.
- Brainstorm encourages its staff to not limit their backgrounds, beliefs and identities, as they reflect the diverse society we encounter all around the world. The only limit to such behaviour will be the due respect to other people’s backgrounds, beliefs and identities.
Annex – About Brainstorm’s Gender Equality Policy
Following the Guidelines of the Gender Equality Policy as stated by the United Nation’s Office for the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Brainstorm’s Gender Equality Policy is based on the international human rights framework, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women. It reflects the application by the Office of international human rights standards, norms and principles, which include gender equality and non-discrimination.
Gender integration has been established as the global strategy of the United Nations for promoting gender equality, which refers to the equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities of women and men and girls and boys.